Keith Bradford, creator of 1000LifeHacks.com and author of the recently released Life Hacks, is offering up a list of must-know tidbits for finding the best airfare prices. Before you book that next flight, here are seven things to place firmly on your radar.
- Use your browser’s incognito tab or delete your history every time you go online to check flight rates. The prices actually go up when you visit a site multiple times.
- Six to eight weeks before you want to book your flight is the cheapest time to buy.
- The cheapest days to buy tickets are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The cheapest days to fly on are Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Sunday is usually the most expensive day to fly.
- Prices change up to three times per day.
- Discount ticket sales are usually offered at the beginning of the week.
Excerpted from Life Hacks written by Keith Bradford, Copyright © 2014 by F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of F+W Media, Inc. All rights reserved.